The Tank you choose is one of the keys to your fun and safety underwater.
We stock the top end Tanks and Valves on the market.
1/ Material -
- Even though the filters in the compressor take off almost all moister you will still have problem with steel tanks corroding in the tropics hence we are only stocking aluminium tanks.
2/ Size -
- There are a number of sizes of Tanks, basically all from 6cuft until 100cuft. For the smaller sizes we have Tech Asia Divers stocking those and can be found in the ODS stores as well.
- The more common ones are the 63, 80 and 100cuft tanks.
- 63cuft (1,784 litre of free air) are used in Dive Centre who have divers that are a bit smaller and have hard time to handle the size and weight of the regular 80's. As smaller persons in general use less air this is not a problem.
- 80cuft (2,265 litre of free air) provide obvoisly a bit more air and are the most common size of the tanks in a Dive Centre. This provides plenty of air for a typical regular dive and allow the diver to return with recommended amount of air back to the boat or shore.
- 100cuft (2,832 litre of free air) is used for divers with very high air consumption to avoid to cut the dive short and able them to stay with their buddy who use less air. Also very good for Nitrox user that are a bit heavy on air and therefore have problem to get the true benefit of Nitrox.
3/ Maintenance -
- For Tanks you want them visual inspected and cleaned every year and Hydro-tested every five years here in the Philippines. Other countries may have different requirements.
- For the Tank Valves you want to take them apart and clean them at least once a year. Seats and o-ring may be changed at that time as well.
- For Thermo Valve spare parts click here
For purchase of Tanks please contact one of our stores as we are not offering this product online due to logistics with shipping.
Available in our stores in Alona - Bohol, Boracay island, Cebu, Coron - Busuanga, Dumaguete - Negros, Mactan - Cebu, Makati - Manila, Sabang - Puerto Galera and ODS Online
If you need help please contact one of our 8 stores → → → → → → → →